euro-scene Leipzig’s new format at Schaubühne Lindenfels on 11 + 12 November 2022
Because many of you have just returned from the summer break, we extend the deadline to 15. August.
UBUNTU CONNECTION is euro-scene Leipzig’s new format. 16 different artists from dance and new circus perform with and for each other on stage. With live music, they conquer the space in a battle from round to round and create the UBUNTU CONNECTION with the audience. After each round, a diverse jury decides who has most impressively harnessed the power of UBUNTU CONNECTION. The inspiring approach of “Ubuntu” embodies the longing for a constructive attitude based on respect, empathy, participation, change and hope. UBUNTU CONNECTION encourages a decolonial shift in perspective.
UBUNTU Connection will be moderated by choreographer and dancer Raphael Moussa Hillebrand. The Berlin-based Hip-Hop dance theater collective “Somɔgɔ” will curate 8 seats, and the other 8 seats will be awarded via open call.
- on Friday, November 11, 16 artists will present themselves individually in a short solo, the live band will also introduce itself
- on Saturday, November 12, there will be three rounds with several sessions, in which the participants – accompanied by the live band – will conquer the space and create the UBUNTU CONNECTION with the audience
- application by e-mail with a one to maximum five-minute video
- show us what you want to perform on the first evening (Friday, 11.11.2022) so that the jury gets an impression of your art (Hip Hop, New Circus, Breakin’, Popping, classical or contemporary dance – all performing art forms are welcome)
- each participant will receive a fee (800,- Euro) plus travel expenses (max. 150,- Euro) and a daily allowance
Are you ready for the Jam Session?
We are looking forward to receiving your application video at email@example.com.
Application deadline: July 31, 2022 (Deadline extended until Aug 15, 2022.)